Useful links, precious tools & sisterhood gold resources for stillbirth, miscarriage, abortion & neonatal loss
Immediately after loss
- Emergency contact: If you need immediate assistance please contact bearsofhope.org.au or sands.org.au / sands.org.uk
- Cuddle Cots: Is a Cuddle Cot an option for you? Cuddle cots are refrigerated cribs that allow to prolong the time you and your family get to spend with your stillborn baby, before he/she is taken away for the funeral. They are becoming more readily available in the hospital. They can also be privately setup in your home. Read this article and the product information here.
- Stillbirth photography (AU/NZ): Heartfelt is a volunteer organisation of professional photographers from all over Australia and New Zealand dedicated to giving the gift of photographic memories to families that have experienced stillbirths, premature births or have children with serious and terminal illnesses.
- Stillbirth photography (UK): Remember My Baby is a UK based registered charity who have professional photographers volunteering their photography services for the benefit of UK parents losing their baby before, during or shortly after birth.
- Stillbirth photography (USA/CAN): Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (NILMDTS) offers the gift of healing, hope and honour to parents experiencing the death of a baby through the overwhelming power of remembrance portraits. Professional-level photographers volunteer their time to conduct an intimate portrait session, capturing the only moments parents spend with their babies. Parents are gifted with delicately retouched heirloom black and white portraits free of charge.
- Couscious Clay, Ashes into Art: Counscious Clay transforms cremated remains into beautiful ceramic pieces by incorporating them into an exclusively developed glass glaze. This enables connection with the memory of loved ones by the lighting of a candle, the watering of a plant or the cradling of a ring.
Hayley is a potter living in Dunsborough, Western Australia.
Conscious Clay was born from the death of her Grandfather. Several years after he passed, she created a new type of urn for him, which now supports the growth of new life rather than holding ash. After 2 years of design and development (using her grandfather’s ashes and the ashes of a friends grandmother gifted to her), she now has the opportunity to offer her services to others.
Hayley creates wheel-thrown candle holders and planters and then entwines the ashes of a loved one into a glaze she has specifically developed for these vessels. These vessels are designed to support new life in the form of a flower or flame, or to cradle the rings of a lost love.
- Remembering You – a healing journal documenting Pregnancy and Child Loss
Beautiful downloadable guided Pregnancy Loss Journal by Sunshine Journal Co. Download Here
Our sister Sasha is offering a special Discount Code MAMMASTE1 for our Mammaste sisterhood so be sure to use the voucher code when you download the journal.
- The therapeutic Essentials oils I use to support your healing journey:
- Where to find more aromatherapy goodies:
If you know a formidable resource that can help another sister or their family, please email me here 🙂